Monday, July 6, 2009

Weapon of Fear

As told in TPM CHURCH, ROYAPETTA 04-JULY-2009 SUNDAY SERVICE

Isaiah 54:17
"no weapon forged against you will prevail,
and you will refute every tongue that accuses you.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
and this is their vindication from me," declares the LORD.

Against the children of God, the devil uses diffrent types of weapons. In old testment, they used literal weapons but in new testmenat the weapons are not literal. Satan uses this weapon to distract the mind of Gods child away from God and mke him a backslider.

Here we will discuss one of the weapons that devil uses as a weapon against the children of God.
The weapon is FEAR.

Genesis 32:11
"Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me ..."
Here Jacob prayed because of fear. Eventhough he had said that the God is with me, he had heavenly dreams, he saw angels of God climbing up and dwon through the ladder , still he is afraid of his brother.

To overcome the fear, Jacob prayed.

I Samuel 17:11
"On hearing the Philistine's words, Saul and all the Israelites were dismayed and terrified."
Eventhough Saul is the King of Israel and the he is chosen by God, right now he is afraid of Goliath.
The reason is he had lost his anointing to overcome Goliath. He had lost his fellowship with God.
The fear will come into our mind when we loss the anointing or fellowship with God.

To overcome this fear , we need a heavenly anointing.

I King 19:4
"while he himself went a day's journey into the desert. He came to a broom tree, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors."
Eventhough he is a great prophet , when he prayed the there was no rain for three years, when he prayed the doors of sky opened, when he prayed fire descended from sky, but right now he is afraid of a woman with name Jezebel.

He also prayed, the Lord sent his angel to encourage him. I Kings 19: 7, 8 "All at once an angel touched him and said, 'Get up and eat.' He looked around, and there by his head was a cake of bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water". Here the cake shows the word of God and water shows the holy spirit

To overcome the fear we need the word of God and water shows the holy spirit

II Samuel 15: 13, 14
"Come! We must flee, or none of us will escape from Absalom. ...".
Here the King David is fearing his son Absalom and he is flleeing from the city of Jerusalem. Jerussalem shows the Church of God and Absalom shows the word or the spirit of taking revenge. Absalom is looking for taking revenge against the king. This fear shows backsliding from the God. Even thoug David was a great king he alone killed the gigantic Goliath, now he is afraid of his son.


Job 3:25
"What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded has happened to me."

Here Job curses his birthday. In Bible we find that two people curses their birthady and two people celebrated their birthday. The people who curses their birthady are Job (3:25) and Jeremiah (20:14). The people who celebrated their birthday are Pharaoh (Genesis 40: 20, 22) and Herod (Mathew 14: 5, 10). Then what happens on their birthady , there were two deaths. So neither celebrate birthday nor curse birthday. Pray to Lord to reveal the will of God.


Let the God helped you to overcome the weapon of fear through Prayer and Holy Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment