Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mercy of Lord

Isaiah 30:18
'And therefore will the LORD wait, that he may be gracious unto you, and therefore will he be exalted, that he may have mercy upon you: for the LORD is a God of judgment: blessed are all they that wait for him.'
Mercy of Lord. There is no limit to the mercy of Lord. When the mercy of God meets man , there are many blessings.

Here we will meditate main 6 blessings received by the mercy of God.

1. Sins are forgiven: Luke 18:13
'And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.'

2. Obtain divine healing: Mark 10:47
'And when he heard that it was Jesus of Nazareth, he began to cry out, and say, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me.'

3. Comforted: Luke 7:13
'And when the Lord saw her, he had compassion on her, and said unto her, Weep not.'

4. Protection: Psalm 57:1
'Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast.'

5. Prayer will be answered: Psalm 4:1
'Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.'

6. Gather thee: Isaiah 54:7
'For a small moment have I forsaken thee; but with great mercies will I gather thee.'

For receiving the mercy of God, we have to do the following things:
1. Confess our sins: Prov 28:13
'He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy.'
2. Fear the Lord: Luke 1:50
'And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.'

No comments:

Post a Comment